I’ve written many tutorials on CSS. As I want to make them easy to learn from, I’ve complied a list of which posts to check out in what order if you want to learn CSS. If you want to know more about Code The Web, check out the welcome post.
Want to get new posts in your inbox? Sign up to my newsletter.
I’ve worked hard on these tutorials and as of now do not make any money on them, so I’d really appreciate if you signed up ;)
These are optional but recommended. In tutorials, I might build on what’s covered here. I’d also recommed the set-up tutorial so you are writing and running your code in the same way as I am. Or, you can just skip to the tutorials.
How to learn a programming language
- CSS syntax
- Basic CSS properties
- CSS sizing and positioning
- Advanced CSS positioning using the position property
- CSS display types
- Advanced background image manipulation using CSS
- CSS units — there are more than you think... 🤔
- The comprehensive guide to CSS flexboxes
- How to create a full-page hero image (HTML & CSS)
- Styling a navigation bar using CSS
- CSS text properties, and how to use Google Fonts on your website
Other resources you may find useful
These are just other articles I have written about stuff that isn’t programming, but will help you along your web development journey.